22nd MARCH 2017 AT NOON
OPENING OF THE 1st EDITION OF THE SPRINGBREAK
DISCOVER THE FUTURE… FOUNDATIONS FOR THE ECONOMY OF TOMORROW! By Tim Jackson
With the world facing recession, climate change, inequality and more, Tim Jackson launches an incisive challenge to the main developed economies and will explain how we can stop fueling crises and begin investing in our future. He will share with us his vision of the alternatives facing us! The principles of the circular economy as well as Tim Jackson will be presented by Romain Poulles, President of the Luxembourgish Center for Circular Economy.
Economic events and trends in Luxembourg will be presented by Francine Closener, Secretary of State for the Economy. Lydie Polfer, Mayor of the City of Luxembourg, will officially open the first Springbreak Luxembourg edition.
The Business Forum will be held in the presence of H.R.H Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa; Participants are requested to take their seats at 4:50 pm.
Innovations and trends will be presented throughout the day at the show and featured in various events, exhibitions, entertainment, concerts in the Luxinnovation LAB and in the Urban Food Village.
INVITE THE TALENTS OF TOMORROW
Prepare the transition, face the issues, and invite the talents of tomorrow!
They are the news from tomorrow. They, means young entrepreneurs, inventors, students, the decision-makers of tomorrow. Faces that aren’t really known for the moment but who will carry on their shoulders, the society of tomorrow.
In order to prepare this transition, invite the young talents that you’ve just discovered. Make sure that they are young talents (under 30 years, generation Z) and register her/him online (at the top of the page).
Meet her/him on the 22nd March at 5 pm for the Discover the future… Foundations for the Economy of Tomorrow. We will make sure that she/he gets all the needed access documents.
Luxembourg Economic news and trends
- Francine Closener, Secretary of State
Presentation of the principles of the circular economy and of Tim Jackson
- Romain Poulles, President of the Luxembourg Center for Circular Economy
Discover the Future… Foudation For the Economy of Tomorrow!
- Tim Jackson, Guest Speaker
Springbreak opening remarks
- Lydie Polfer, Mayor of Luxembourg City
- Official Springbreak visit
- Inauguration: Springbreak Luxinnovation Lab – Discover The Future!
- Guest Cocktail & Music
WHO IS TIM JACKSON?
Tim Jackson is Professor of Sustainable Development at the University of Surrey, in the United Kingdom. He is also Director of the Centre for the Understanding of Sustainable Prosperity (CUSP).
Tim has been at the forefront of international debates about sustainable development for over two decades; he has worked closely with the UK Government, the United Nations and numerous private companies and NGOs to bring social science research into sustainability. His research interests focus on the economic and social aspects of the relationship between people’s lifestyles and the environment.
Luxexpo The Box has invited Tim Jackson to introduce his substantially revised and re-written new edition of his best-selling book Prosperity Without Growth, and explore new ways to address recession, climate change and social inequalities, and achieve sustainable prosperity by building a new ecological macroeconomics.
Tim has given more than 200 international keynote presentations and appears regularly in the UK and international media; The Business Trends Forum at Luxexpo The Box is his first visit to Luxembourg.
THE FULL-DAY PROGRAMME
March 22, start the #1 edition Springbreak Luxembourg
- 12 am – 9 pm
- DISCOVER THE SPRING TRENDS AND HAVE FUN
- INNOVATIV FOCUS
- Chambre de Commerce
- 22.03.2017: Alexandre & Picco S.N.C. (Mamie et moi) & Grand Brewing Luxembourg S.à r.l. Made in Luxembourg evening (6pm)
- 23.03.2017 : Hogali S.à r.l.
- 24.03.2017 : Guddix & E-Trash
- 25.03.2017 : SaKaNaNa & Nuddelfabrik
- 26.03.2017 : Karin Helbach & Parvaneh & Söhne
- Sales Lentz
- World premiere! Presentation of the city-bus 100% electronic by Volvo.
- For the first time in Luxembourg : test the autonomous driving with the NAVYA shuttle!
- Digital novelty! “Online Booking” calculates your rate directly online and enables you to reserve your vehicle to do trips in Luxembourg
- “Where is my bus?” a new service which allows teachers, parents and educators to track their bus in real time
- During the 5 days, navigate and test the new version of the Event Rider
- Dive into the virtual reality
- SMART AQUAPONIC GREENHOUSE
- Achieve the food autonomy in your own garden due to the aquaponic greenhouse myfood.eu
- SPRINGBREAK LUXINNOVATION LAB – DISCOVER THE FUTURE!
- Sentinel City
- Robots Fanuc
- Drone (evotion)
- Connected aquaponic greenhouse (myfood.eu)
- CELL Center For Ecological Learning Luxembourg area, topic: circular economy
- Center for Ecological Learning Luxembourg
- The Project Tree
- The Robots of the Network
- Four Concret Projects
- 12 pm – 00 am
- URBAN FOOD VILLAGE
- POP-UP EVENT
- ROBOTS EXPLORATION TECHNOLGY EXPO
- Robot Bar
- Jumping Sumo drone
- Drone immersive flight
- Robot dance show
- NAO RoboCup soccer team
- DAVID BOWIE TRIBUTE SHOW
LUXEXPO THE BOX
Tel: +352 43 99-1
Fax: +352 43 9 315